Three Important Discoveries
Genesis 3: 9-13
1. How Inadequate Their Clothing
a) The Aprons That Were Prepared
b) The Coats That Were Provided
2. How Inadequate Their Cover
a) An Omnipresent God
b) An Omniscient God
3. How Inadequate Their Claim
a) The Blame That Was Implied
b) The Blame That Was Ignored
1. We can trace every problem in the world and in life to what we see happening in Genesis chapter three. Every death can be traced to Genesis chapter three. Every disease can be traced to Genesis chapter three. Every disappointment can be traced to Genesis chapter three. Sin, sickness, and sorrow find its beginning in this chapter.
2. A.W. Pink said of Genesis chapter three: "The third chapter of Genesis is one of the most important in all the Word of God. What has often been said of Genesis as a whole is peculiarly true of this chapter: it is the 'seed-plot of the Bible.' Here are the foundations upon which rest many of the cardinal doctrines of our faith.... Here we find the divine explanation of the present fallen and ruined condition of our race. Here we learn of the subtle devices of our enemy, the Devil. Here we behold the utter powerlessness of man to walk in the path of righteousness when divine grace is withheld from him. Here we discover the spiritual effects of sin-man seeking to flee from God. Here we discern the attitude of God toward the guilty sinner. Here we mark the universal tendency of human nature to cover its own moral shame by a device of man's own handiwork. Here we are taught of the gracious provision which God has made to meet our great need. Here begins that marvelous stream of prophecy which runs all through the Holy Scriptures. Here we learn that man cannot approach God except through a mediator."
3. God had put Adam and Eve in a perfect environment in a perfect world. The only restriction was: "And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the ...
There are 17963 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.