This content is part of a series.
Christ in All of Exodus (11 of 37)
Series: Christ in All the Scripture
We are in a journey toward what I call A Strategic Grasp of the Bible.
The first lesson was Seven reasons why I believe God's Word!
Next we found that Jesus gives a seven-mile Bible study to those on the road to Emmaus. Note what He said THEY (the entire Old Testament) SPEAK (every book, every chapter, even every detail) OF ME (the Bible is Christ centered)!
Luke 24:25-27 Then He said to them, "O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?" 27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.
In the thirty-nine Old Testament books, Christ is in the shadows, seen in analogies and in pictures. He is in types and rituals. He is prophesied and anticipated. The twenty-seven New Testament books complete the Old, revealing Christ in person, in truth and reality, in the present and acknowledged.
This led us to: CHRIST IN GENESIS
Following are but a few of the references to Christ in Genesis.
1. THE CREATIVE WORD-Gen. 1:3; John 1:1-5; 2 Cor. 4:3-7;
2. THE LAST ADAM-Rom. 5; 1 Cor. 15:45;
3. THE SEED OF THE WOMAN-Gen. 3:15; Gal. 3:19; 4:4;
4. THE COVERINGS OF ADAM and EVE - Genesis 3;
5. THE ARK OF NOAH AND THE FLOOD-Gen. 6-10; 1 Peter 3:18-22;
6. THE PRIEST LIKE MELCHIZEDEK-Gen. 14; Heb. 7-10;
7. ISAAC, THE CHILD OF PROMISE-Gen. 17; Gal. 4:21-31 (Isaac pictures Christ in his miraculous birth, his willingness to die, his "resurrection" [Heb. 11:19], and his taking of a bride. Of course, Jesus actually died and arose from the dead. In Isaac, these events were only symbolic.)
8. THE OFFERING LIKE ISAAC AND THE LAMB-Gen. 22:7-8; John 1:29;
9. LIKE JACOB'S LADDER-Gen. 28:12ff; John 1:51;
10. LIKE JOSEPH-Gen. 37-50 (Rejected by His brothers; beloved of the Father; ...
There are 12901 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.