This content is part of a series.
Christ In All The Book Of John (33 Of 37)
Series: Christ in All the Scripture
John's whole Gospel is a building to a climax in chapter 20 = believe.
Note SIGNS v. 30 and the singling out of THESE in v. 31.
John built his whole Gospel as bridge with seven successive signs that transport you to the ultimate sign of chapter 20 - resurrection of Christ.
John notes the ministry of Christ in light of its impact on the hearts of those who saw these signs. What were the signs Christ performed to bring those who saw His ministry to belief?
You know them --
1. Sign #1 Start in John 2:1-11. WATER TO WINE; HE IS LORD OF CREATION
2. Sign #2 Go to John 4:46-54 HEALING NOBLEMAN'S SON FROM AFAR; HE IS ALL POWERFUL (LORD OF TIME and SPACE) Note v. 54 supernaturally empowered
3. Sign #3 Now 5:1-15 THE WITHERED MAN AT BETHESDA HE IS LORD OVER SICKNESS
4. Sign #4 6:1-14 FEEDS 5000; Note v. 14 The Prophet HE IS BREAD FROM HEAVEN
5. Sign #5 6:15-25. HE IS LORD OF NATURE
6. Sign #6 Ch. 9:1-4 HEALS MAN BORN BLIND; HE IS LORD OF SIGHT v. 16 Note v. 32
7. Sign #7 Finally the last sign of His ministry, 11:1-44 RAISES LAZARUS; HE IS LORD OF LIFE
Thus in rapid succession, John builds the case of this man, Jesus:
? LORD OF CREATION,
? SUPERNATURALLY EMPOWERED
? WHO COMMANDS DISEASE,
? OPENS EYES,
? CONTROLS NATURE,
? MULTIPLIES FOOD AND DISPELS DEATH...
But the ultimate sign is Chapter 20!
Back to Chapter 20 -- it's Sunday, early, in the mist come the faithful to say farewell to dead.
They, as we, are faced with seven indisputable PROOFS -- EVIDENCE.
Let's note them and concentrate on perhaps the greatest of them all - the seventh.
What were those 7 evidences of Christ's resurrection? They are all in verses 1-15.
1. THE STONE IS GONE, v. 1
2. THE TOMB IS EMPTY , v. 2 that was sealed and guarded
3. JESUS IS ABSENT, v. 3
4. THE GRAVE CLOTHES ARE UNDISTURBED, v. 5
5. THE FACE CLOTH I ...
There are 8969 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.