The Running Evangelist
1. A Master to Serve
a) Unquestioning Obedience
b) Unhesitant Obedience
2. A Message to Share
a) One Who Suffered for Sin
b) One Who Saves from Sin
3. A Moment to Seize
a) An Opportunity That Was Present
b) An Opportunity That Would Pass
1. Do you ever get in a hurry? I heard about a wife and her husband that interrupted their vacation to go to the dentist. The wife said, "I want a tooth pulled, and I don't want Novocain because I'm in a big hurry. Just pull the tooth as quickly as possible, and we'll be on our way." The dentist was quite impressed. "You're certainly a courageous woman," he said. "Which tooth is it?" The woman turned to her husband and said, "Show him your tooth, dear."
2. Someone has described our age as the age of hurry, worry, bury. It seems that we are always in a hurry. As someone has written:
I'm in a hurry to get things done
Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I've really gotta do is live and die
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why.
3. Speaking of being in a hurry, there are those in the Bible who were in a hurry. When Abraham saw the three men approaching his tent, the Bible says in Genesis 18:2 that "he ran to meet them."
4. When the servant of Abraham that was sent to find a bride for Isaac, when he saw Rebekah drawing water from the well, the Bible says in Genesis 24:17 that "the servant ran to meet her."
5. When Jacob returned to face his brother, as he came near and bowed himself to the ground seven times, the Bible says in Genesis 33:4, "And Esau ran to meet him."
6. When young Samuel first heard the voice of God, the Bible says in 1 Samuel 3:5 that "he ran unto Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou calledest me."
7. When David faced the giant Goliath, the Bible says in 1 Samuel 17:48 that "David hasted, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine" and when he hit him with a stone from his sling and the giant fell, the Bible says i ...
There are 24773 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.