This content is part of a series.
Numbers is the Name of the Game (3 of 41)
Series: The Unveiling
Jerry N Watts
Revelation 1:4, 20
June 26, 2011
* Years ago schools embraced a simple form of education which was jokingly referred to as the 3 R's of learning; reading, 'riting, and 'rithmetic. Remembering this reminds me of a story which my dad tells and declares to be the truth. In rural Marion County he had a friend who came over to play after breakfast one morning. The friend said, "Guess what I had for breakfast? It starts with an N." When no one could guess he said, "It wasn't a 'napple or 'norange it was a 'negg."
* Whether it goes by arithmetic, math, algebra, geometry, calculus, trig, or any other name, NUMBERS are foundational for our society. Numbers tells us much. Numbers describe our age, weight, BP, Cholesterol, triglycerides, and more. Have you ever considered where we would be without numbers? We'd be in chaos. READ TEXT.
* In our verses, repeatedly we read the number SEVEN. Seven is a Key number in the scripture. In fact, Dr. James Merritt suggests that Revelation can be divided into Seven Sevens;
Chapter 1- 3 - Churches
Chapter 4-7- Seals
Chapter 8-11- Trumpets
Chapter 12-14- Personages
Chapter 15-16- Bowls/Vials
Chapter 17-20- Judgments
Chapter 20-22- New Things
* These seven sevens are not by blind chance, but divine choice. God has a plan and numbers give us a backdrop or a frame of reference to see.
1. Practical Science of Numbers - God has written two books for mankind. One is the Bible and the other is "nature." For years men have attempted to figure out and understand both books. In nature, the more tools we acquire the more we come to understand. Today we basically understand that the universe is driven by numbers. Whatever you study seems to have, in some form, numbers in it. Astronomy, chemistry, biology, botany, and more are loaded with the numbers of some kind. Just to be clear, man didn't invent the numbers, we simply discovered them ...
There are 11015 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.