The Eyes of Jesus (7 of 58) by John Barnett
This content is part of a series.The Eyes of Jesus (7 of 58)
Series: Revelation - From Now to Forever
12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands,13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band.14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes like a flame of fire;15 His feet were like fine brass, as if refined in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters;16 He had in His right hand seven stars, out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. NKJV
The EYES OF JESUS as He Jesus stands in the midst of the church are laser like eyes. He is looking with a penetrating gaze. He can see to the core of our being. Those eyes are as FIRE. This speaks of the penetrating gaze. It also speaks of their refining power. This morning we can experience the eyes of Jesus wherever we are in life. There are five remarkable instances of the eyes of our Lord Jesus.
1. EYES OF COMPASSION: Hagar and His compassionate eyes when we are troubled. Genesis 16:1-13
2. EYES OF CONSECRATION: Joseph and His purifying eyes when we are tempted. Genesis 39:1-9
3. EYES OF CONFIDENCE: David and the ever present eyes when we feel alone and afraid Psalm 139
4. EYES OF COMFORT: Disciples and the rescuing eyes when we are sinking Mt. 14
5. EYES OF CHASTENING: Peter and the sad eyes when we go in our own strength. Luke 22:54-62
Jesus and His EYES OF COMPASSION:
Hagar and His compassionate eyes when we are troubled.
Genesis 16:1-13 Now Sarai, Abram's wife, had borne him no children. And she had an Egyptian maidservant whose name was Hagar.2 So Sarai said to Abram, "See now, the Lord has restrained me from bearing children. Please, go in to my maid; perhaps I shall obtain children by her." And Abram heeded ...
There are 13774 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!