The Glory of Jesus (19 of 58) by John Barnett
This content is part of a series.The Glory of Jesus (19 of 58)
Series: Revelation - From Now to Forever
The Tomb -- Is Empty
This morning I checked on a few remote cemeteries and did some investigating. Here is the verified record of what I found:
Confucius' tomb- occupied
Buddha"s tomb - occupied
Mohammed's tomb - occupied
Joseph Smith's tomb - occupied
Mary Baker Eddy's tomb - occupied
Jesus' tomb - EMPTY!
The Resurrection Record is Clear
John 20 records Resurrection morn. John and the apostles were startled and ran to confirm the report of the women that the tomb was empty. Remember the events?
1. Mary Magdalene Mark 16:9-11; John 20:10-1 8
2. The other women at the tomb Matthew 28:8-10
3. Peter in Jerusalem Luke 24:34; 1 Corinthians 15:5
4. The two travelers on the road Mark 16:12, 13
5. Ten disciples behind closed doors Mark 16:14; Luke 24:36-43; John 20:l9-25
6. All the disciples, with Thomas (excluding Judas Iscariot) . John 20:26-31; 1 Corinthians 15:5
7. Seven disciples while fishing John 21:1-14
8. Eleven disciples on the mountain Matthew 28:16-20
9. A crowd of 500 I Corinthians 15:6
10. Jesus' brother James 1 Corinthians 15:7
11. Those who watched Jesus ascend into heaven Luke 24:44-49; Acts 1:3-8
But now over 60 years have passed. Many memories of Christ's ministry were vivid in John's heart but he hadn't seen Him for so long. And then it happened -
John Sees Jesus Again
Revelation 1:9-20 I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus. 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last," and, "What you see, write in a book and send [it] to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to ...
There are 13866 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!