Touched Hearts (57 of 58) by John Barnett
This content is part of a series.Touched Hearts (57 of 58)
Series: Revelation - From Now to Forever
A few months ago a long lost wax cylinder was discovered with the first recorded words of a human, T.A. Edison from the 1880's. Then last year an unknown letter with some words of Lincoln were found. A couple of years ago a room was accidently exposed with the wall writings of Michaelangelo previously unknown....BUT this morning we are going to open to a letter from God the Son, written for us as never before to touch our hearts. Will you let it.
I. An Assembly 2:1a with CHRIST SHINING IN the Midst: The Church at EPHESUS:
A. The City was FAMOUS because of its size, wealth and position in the Empire.
B. The Culture was WICKED. WELCOME TO SIN CITY. The magnificent palace to gross immorality - temple of Diana.
C. The Saints were Holy:
1. STRONG IMMORALITY: Do you see why Paul had said to them 40 years earlier --
2. STRONG EVIL INFLUENCE: Thus, criminals came from far and wide to find a haven. And, their presence only permeated the city with evil.
3. STRONG MATERIALISM: Because of the nearly universal worship of Diana, no one would dare to rob her, thus behind the altar was a world bank, for the safe keeping of currency and treasures.
4. STRONG SATANISM: As Acts 19 records, there were many who used and followed Occultic books and there witchcraft powers of Satan.
5. STRONG FALSE WORSHIP: The whole worship of Diana, the silver 'letters' as the images made and sold there were called, led to very alluring, sordid and ecstatic worship.
II. AN AGE: CHRIST FADING FROM HIS CHURCH:
A. This is the picture of the Church throughout the Ages. We can trace SEVEN SUCCESSIVE STAGES IN CHURCH HISTORY. For just a moment, let me give you a perspective- there are seven letters in Revelation 2 - 3 that give us the church in prophetic perspective - the church from Christians ascension until He comes to take His church - from century one to the rapture.
B. The seven Churches ...
There are 5171 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!