This content is part of a series.
The Gospel Centered Home: Husbands (13 of 21)
Practically everything created or ordained by God in one way or another points either to the goodness of God or to the sinfulness of man.
• Creation -Psalm 19:1-3 (NASB95)
1 The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands. 2 Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge. 3 There is no speech, nor are there words; Their voice is not heard.
ILLUSTRATION: Missionaries tell the un-reached people that God has a son and they say, "we know" how did you know? "The Sun and the Moon".
• The Old Testament Sacrificial system was a series of types and shadows that found their ultimate fulfillment in the person and work of Jesus Christ.
• New Testament Baptism points the congregation back to the death, burial and resurrection of Christ.
• The Lord's Table points to the shed blood and the broken body of our Lord and it point forward to His second coming.
In one way or another everything Ordained by God speaks of either the greatness of God or the sinfulness of Man and points us to where the two intersect in the cross of Jesus Christ. That is what is meant by the term Gospel Centric.
That is what Paul is referring to in the context of marriage in Ephesians 5:32 32 This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church.
Nothing in all creation pictures the Gospel is as perfectly as Christian marriage
• That is why marriage was the first institution that God ordained, before the state, before the Church - God created marriage.
• That is one of the reasons there is no more marriage in Heaven, simply because we have the substance that the shadow pointed to.
• That is why God hates divorce - It is divine character assassination.
• That is why God hates abuse - It is divine misrepresentation.
• When you call a Pastor how are you to d ...
There are 18863 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.