This content is part of a series.
The Armor of God - Part 1 (18 of 21)
OPENING ILLUSTRATION: This has been a great year, earlier in the year I got to go on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land of Israel. Yesterday I had a similar opportunity as I went to Tuscaloosa and watched the Tide defeat TN. Now that was the first game I had attended in 25 years.
• 90,000 passionate fans
• Some dude dressed up like TIDE washing detergent
• The guys I was with literally shaking with nervous excitement
• We watched the walk of champions where these massive guy entered the stadium
• 6'5, 365lb MOUNT Terrance CODY - This guy can hurt to permanently
• In high school kids got hit by Cody and they threw up
• Now imagine that you were lining up against Terrance Cody -
o You a 14 year old girl, a 50 year old man, whatever it's you.
o Imagine you had no pads, He going to hit you full force
o What if Terrance Cody had a sword and orders to take off your head?
You wouldn't dare line up against Mt. Cody without some protection, but everyday many of us try to face a far greater foe as we go to war against Satan and demons without our armor.
Everyone in this building is living in one of two battles -
• To make peace with the Devil is to make war with Christ
• To make peace with Christ is to make war with the Devil
THE CHRISTIAN LIFE IS WAR
When Paul came to the end of his life, he said in
• 2 Timothy 4:7, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."
• And in I Timothy 6:12, he tells Timothy, "Fight the good fight of faith; lay hold on eternal life to which you were called."
• Concerning his own life of warfare, Paul said (1 Corinthians 9:26-7), "I do not run aimlessly, I do-not box as one beating the air; but I pommel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified"
• Concerning his ministry, he said, "Though we live in the world we are not carrying on a worldly war, for the we ...
There are 11274 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.