This content is part of a series.
The Warrior Returns (3 of 3)
Series: The Warrior
Revelation 19:11-21; Revelation 20:10
April 11, 2010
1. There is a distinctive facial expression that is consistent across cultures, countries, and continents. There is something that can happen to any human being at any place at any time. It doesn't matter what language they speak or what color their skin is or what country they live in, because the response is always the same.
2. The expression is known as "the surprise brow" and it describes how we respond whenever we are surprised. It is the same for everybody. Our eyebrows immediately go up and our eyes widen so we have a broader field of vision, because the surprise brow is the body's way of forcing us to see more. Many times, we will do a double-take to make sure that we saw what we thought we saw.
3. Not only do eyebrows rise, but almost universally surprise will cause our jaws to drop and our mouths to fall open which incidentally is exactly what happened to my face the first time i ever laid eyes on teresa!
4. When we are taken by surprise, everything comes to a halt, every activity is interrupted and our attention is completely focused, involuntarily on whatever it was that surprised us.
5. When you begin reading the bible, the first two chapters almost lull you to sleep in a good way. A utopia was created called the garden of eden and the first man and first woman were put in a pristine, pure, perfect environment. It was a world that no one else, other than those two have ever known or seen; a world without sickness, a world without suffering and a world without sorrow.
6. Then in chapter 3 the first surprise hits you squarely in the face. The surprise comes in the form of a serpent. He successfully tempts this first couple to go against the will of god and to disobey their creator. Instantly this world is plunged into a war. From that moment until now, the human race has been faced wit ...
There are 16754 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.