EASTER - The Only Explanation of Christianity
Faith - the conduit of God's Word through which every spiritual blessing flows.
Whether we are talking about the answer to a simple prayer or the redemption of a person's eternal soul, - faith (what you deeply and truly believe) is the key to the storehouse of God's provision.
Faith in the finished work of Christ is the very door to Heaven itself.
Now if you think about - no aspect of the Gospel is terribly difficult to believe except the resurrection.
• It's not hard to believe that Jesus was unjustly tried and convicted.
• It's not hard to believe that Jesus was given the death penalty and sentenced to death by crucifixion.
• It's not hard to believe that Jesus died upon that cross.
But it's the rest of the story that brings out the skeptic in all of us. The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is the single doctrine on which Christianity rises or falls.
Paul said it himself in 1 Corinthians 15:17: "If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins."
Difficulty #1 - Distance and Time - We are 2,000 years removed from the event, we are called to believe.
Do you suppose it would have been easier to believe if we were not separated from the event by two millennia?
• Suppose it happened 1,500 years ago would five centuries make it more believable?
• What if it happened 1,000 years ago could you believe that?
• What if 234 years ago when our country was founded?
• Would you find it easier to believe if it occurred last year, last week, yesterday?
Well the fact is, the claims of resurrection were no easier to believe for those who walked and talked with Jesus himself that it is for you.
Difficulty #2 - World View - Our entire naturalistic world view is stacked against the belief that a person three days dead can live again.
Here is what I want you to understand -
It wasn't any easier for t ...
There are 13648 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.