Raising Eagles - Mother's Day Sermon
Exodus 2, Proverbs 31, 2 Timothy 1
Those of you who are mothers I want you to think back with me for a moment to that time when you first realized that you were going to be a mom.
For us, it was the sonogram…as the outline of my daughters head got clearer and clear…. As I saw that tiny heart beating as if to scream out… LIFE AS YOU KNOW IT IS OVER!!!!
Julie was officially a mom.
For her…Some things came instinctively, caring for the newborn, how to hold the baby… but what really scared us was questions like, "What are we going to do when they learn how to walk??? Or even worse, what will we do when they learn how to drive!?!"
Being a parent was a really big deal… God was entrusting you with a life!
I remember leaving the hospital and thinking… do they know us? Is it legal just to let us carry this baby home???? Do they know that we can hardly balance our check book???
And you know… those times occur throughout your life.
• The first real illness… I remember when Carly had a seizure and Julie was at home all by herself and I was out preaching somewhere. I remember taking Cole to the Doctor and him telling us that we had to drive to Huntsville immediately for an emergency surgery.
• The first day of school… as your little girl or little boy steps on to that bus and you feel like a part of your heart is being torn out right in front of you.
• The first date… when you have to entrust your little princess to a salvage idiot. (Consider reading the application to date my daughter)
• When they go off to college
• When they get married
• When they call you and ask if you prefer to be called, Grandma, nana, or nanny
Life as a mom is a constant roller coaster of emotions
Today I want to let a few mothers of spiritual giants put an arm around you and lend you a word of encouragement.
1) Jochabed, mother of Moses - HIGH HOPES
God has BIG PLANS for your LITTLE CHILD
1 Now a man of the house of Levi married a Levite woman, 2 and she became pregnant and gave birth to a son. When she saw that he was a fine child, she hid him for three months. 3 But when she could hide him no longer, she got a papyrus basket for him and coated it with tar and pitch. Then she placed the child in it and put it among the reeds along the bank of the Nile. 4 His sister stood at a distance to see what would happen to him.
Moses had a lot going against him:
1. He was born into a slave family
8 Then a new king, who did not know about Joseph, came to power in Egypt. 9 "Look," he said to his people, "the Israelites have become much too numerous for us. 10 Come, we must deal shrewdly with them or they will become even more numerous and, if war breaks out, will join our enemies, fight against us and leave the country." 11 So they put slave masters over them to oppress them with forced labor
2. He was born under a death sentence
15 The king of Egypt said to the Hebrew ...
There are 11607 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 3000 character sample of the full content.
Price:$4.99 or 1 credit
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!
SermonSearch.com is an online resource for sermon outlines and preaching ideas. We offer 30,000+ sermon outlines and 10,000+ free sermon illustrations from top Christian pastors and communicators. You'll write powerful and fresh sermons every week with our sermon preparation tools on a number of sermon topics, including expository preaching.