This content is part of a series.
What in the World is Satan Doing? (2 of 6)
Series: Angels and Demons
1 Peter 5:8
OPENING JOKE: Perhaps you heard about the lady whose husband came home every night drunk and disorderly. He was making their lives miserable. She tried everything she knew to remedy the situation but nothing seemed to work. So she said to herself, "I'll scare him out of his drinking habit." So one night while he was out getting drunk, she put on a devil's suit. Sure enough at two o'clock in the morning he came through the front door drunk, she jumped in front of him with that devil's suit on and said, "I'm the devil, you'd better be scared of me." "No, he said. I'm not scared of you. I've been married to your sister for forty years."
Well if you are a believer there is no real need for fear - for greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world.
The Bible calls us not to fear, but to sobriety and alertness as we consider the enemy.
1 Peter 5:8 (NASB95)
8 Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
As we continue this series that we are calling Angels and Demons - Remember what we have learned so far -
• Last week we learned that Satan was previously an Angel commissioned as a sort of priest in charge of the heavenly worship of God.
• He became envious then rebellious and God cast him out of Heaven.
• According to John in the book of the Revelation he took with him 1/3 of the heavenly angels - those fallen angels are known as demons.
• Today Satan and demons are not in hell, but rather they are on the earth seeking whom they may devour and destroy.
• If you are a believer they attack God by attacking you.
• But we also learned last week that the Devil is God's devil so he doesn't have free reign to do whatever he wants to you, but rather he is under the sharp oversight of God's sovereignty and God will not allow him to attack you unless ultimately it can be u ...
There are 15290 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.