The Supply Of The Spirit
1. The Person of the Holy Spirit
a) His Personality Experientially
b) His Personality Essentially
2. The Presence of the Holy Spirit
a) His Personal Presence
b) His Perpetual Presence
c) His Powerful Presence
3. The Provision of the Holy Spirit
a) An Available Supply
b) An Abundant Supply
1. There is a person we don't hear much about anymore in our Baptist Churches and that is the HOLY SPIRIT. In many cases I think it is a fear of being associated with charismatics. I think it is largely due to the fact that we have become a very self-sufficient and self-reliant generation. We have so many tools at our disposal and we are such a well trained generation that we have learned how to do it by our own abilities and skills.
2. However, what is done in the energy of the flesh will only produce the results of the flesh. What is done in the power of the Holy Spirit will produce more than results. It will produce fruit. We have a lot of results in our day, but are bearing very little fruit. The reason: the Holy Spirit is a forgotten person in our life and ministry.
3. A.W. Tozer said, "The only power God recognizes in His church is the power of His Spirit whereas the only power actually recognized today by the majority of evangelicals is the power of man. God does His work by the operation of the Spirit, while Christian leaders attempt to do theirs by the power of trained and devoted intellect. Bright personality has taken the place of the divine afflatus."
4. Because the Holy Spirit is by and large a forgotten person in our day and time, I want to spend a few weeks thinking about Him. What we do hear about Him is often a biblical misinterpretation of His work and a personal misunderstanding of His work. Since He is so essential in our life as a Christian and in the ministry of our Churches, it is also essential that we get to know Him and know Him correctly and biblically.
5. There ...
There are 18588 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.