Led by the Spirit
1. A Sanctity in the Spirit's Leading
a) Governed By the Word of God
b) Guided By the Will of God
2. A Submissiveness in the Spirit's Leading
a) A Complete Compliance to the Spirit's Control
b) A Constant Obedience to the Spirit's Commands
3. A Sensitivity in the Spirit's Leading
a) A Recognition of the Spirit's Voice
b) A Response to the Spirit's Voice
1. I cannot count the number of times through the years that someone has come to me about some matter and asked, "What should I do?" For some, there was a decision they had to make and for another there was some situation they were facing. They were asking for my advice and wanted me to tell them what they should do.
2. Unless there was a clear and defined course of action spelled out in the Word of God, I would always tell them to pray about it and God would show them what they were to do. I am not God, therefore I do not know God's will for another's person life and can't tell people what to do.
3. What is needed in a believer's life is the leadership and guidance of the Holy Spirit. Paul speaks of being "led by the Spirit of God" (Rom. 8:14). In fact, Paul states that one of the evidences of salvation is the leadership of the Holy Spirit. He says, "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God" (Rom. 8:14).
4. Lewis Sperry Chafer said, "The walk in the Spirit, or the life that is led by the Spirit, is one of the great new realities of this age of grace; yet some believers are so far removed from this blessing that their daily lives are shaped and adapted to the order and relationships of the past dispensation. It is one of the supreme glories of this age that the child of God and citizen of Heaven may live a superhuman life, in harmony with his heavenly calling, by an unbroken walk in the Spirit."(1)
5. The Psalmist said, "The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way" (Psa. 3 ...
There are 20699 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.