Filled With The Spirit
1. A Commanded Filling
a) A Personal Command
b) A Plural Command
2. A Continual Filling
a) A Daily Need
b) A Daily Norm
3. A Conditional Filling
a) A Controlled Life
b) A Clean Life
1. A.W. Tozer said, ""Any tiny work that God has ever done through me and through my ministry for Him dates back to that hour when I was filled with the Spirit."
2. If you read Christian biographies, especially of those of earlier generations, you will find that their life and ministry were changed when they were filled with the Spirit. Moody, Finney, Whitefield; all speak of the difference that was made when they were filled with the Holy Spirit.
3. If one knows anything about the fullness of the Spirit in their life, they wholeheartedly agree with Richard Owen Roberts who said, "Living one day in the Spirit is worth more than a thousand lived in the flesh." Anything done in the flesh is futile, whereas what is done in the Spirit is fruitful. What we do in the flesh is doomed for barrenness; whereas, what is done in the Spirit, is marked by blessedness.
4. Nothing is more essential for the Christian worker than being filled with the Spirit. Yet, many know nothing of His fullness in their life, and many more are absolutely misled and misinformed as to what it is to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
5. The older I get the more thankful I am that I grew up in the mountains of North Carolina. Many of those old mountain preachers were lacking in education, but they knew something about the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives. They didn't know much about homiletics, but when they preached things happened in the hearts of people. They may have split their infinitives and dangled their participles, but when they preached you knew God was on them.
6. Today we know a lot about human ability, but in many cases, very little about a heavenly anointing. We are good at impressing people with our sermons, bu ...
There are 17012 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.