This content is part of a series.
On The Road With Elijah To Carmel Pt. 3 (6 of 13)
Series: On the Road with Elijah
1 Kings 18:41-46
1. Faith Is Acting On God's Promises
a) A Receiving of God's Promises
b) A Response to God's Promises
2. Prayer Is Anchored In God's Promises
a) Confidence in Prayer
b) Continuance in Prayer
3. Blessings Are Attained By God's Promises
a) The Sign of Rain
b) The Sending of Rain
1. In our last study we saw the fire fall. As we continue our journey with Elijah we remain with him at Carmel and we see the rain fall. Revival always results in blessings. The rain follows the fire. The story of revival is always one of great and glorious blessings that were enjoyed and experienced by God's people.
2. For three and a half years there had been no rain. Both the land and the people were suffering as result of the conditions that existed. But once they had dealt with the cause of the drought, the rain began to fall once again. Sin always results in the heavens being shut up. But when sin has been confronted and confessed, the heavens are opened.
3. A.W. Pink said, "Thus was the evil put away from them and the way opened for God's outward blessing. He graciously accepted this as their reformation and accordingly removed His scourge from them. This is ever the order: judgment prepares the way for blessing; the awful fire is followed by the welcome rain. Once a people takes their place on their faces and render to God the homage which is His due, it will not be long ere refreshing showers are sent down from Heaven." (1)
4. R. A. Torrey said, "I can give a prescription that will bring a revival to any church or community or any city on earth." He then gave three conditions. "First, let a few Christians (they need not be many) get thoroughly right with God themselves. This is the prime essential. If this is not done, the rest that I am to say will come to nothing. Second, let them bind themselves together in a prayer group to pray for ...
There are 22097 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.