Worshiping Our Christ in All The Books of Poetry
The Scriptures are all about God revealing Himself to His creatures. The ultimate expression of God's nature and character is Christ. Note the words of Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of [his] glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; (KJV). Since the Word of God reveals God, and Jesus is the image of the Invisible God, then we can find and worship our Lord Jesus Christ in every part of the Bible!
1. In the Books of History we see God's servants Following the Lord Jesus Christ. He was the Creator in the Garden, the Rock in the Wilderness, the Angel of the Lord and so on!
2. In the Books of Poetry we see God's servants Worshiping the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the Suffering One, the Good Shepherd, the Redeemer and so on!
3. In the Books of Prophecy we see God's servants:
• Seeing Christ (Major prophets) as Ruler, Prince of Peace and so on.
• Trusting Christ (Pre–exilic prophets) as the Judge, One from Everlasting and so on.
• Hoping in Christ (Post–exilic prophets) as the Sun of Righteousness, the Coming King and the Lord of All.
Christ in all the Books of Poetry
Tonight , may I impress upon your heart that the book you hold in your hands is unlike any other in the Universe? And with that truth deeply upon our hearts, in the days ahead, shouldn’t we treat it differently, read it diligently, wait before it expectantly and from it learn to live triumphantly? Jesus shines from every book of the Bible. Each reveals some truths about our beautiful Lord Jesus. And, there is one that has as its c:\documents and settings\jbarnett.tbcn\my documents\7–2007 sermons\serms 70 80 90\1997\970212we christ in all the poetic books .doc Wednesday, August 22, 2007 Page 2
theme and central purpose to unveil and reveal JESUS CHRIST THE LORD. T ...
There are 25083 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.