This content is part of a series.
A Fresh Touch from God (5 of 5)
Series: Preaching Through the Bible (Major Prophets)
I. A FRESH TOUCH OF HIS PRECIOUSNESS
II. A FRESH TOUCH OF HIS PERFECTGION
III. A FRESH TOUCH OF HIS PREEMINENCE
IV. A FRFESH TOUCH OF HIS PURPOSE
V. A FRESH TOUCH OF HIS POWER
1. It Put Him On His Knees
2. It Put Him On His Face
3. It Put Him On His Feet
In Daniel, chapter 10, Daniel has in an intensive time of fasting and prayer. For twenty-one days, he's gone without food. He's seeking the mind and heart of God. He's seeking a fresh experience with God. He's given himself totally to worship God. In verse five, he gets an answer.
Daniel 10:5 '' (5) ''Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:
(6) His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.
(7) And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me saw not the vision; but a great quaking fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves.
(8) Therefore I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength.
(9) Yet heard I the voice of his words: and when I heard the voice of his words, then was I in a deep sleep on my face, and my face toward the ground.
(10) And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands.
(11) And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.
(12) Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to ...
There are 19757 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.