Unlocking Faiths' Door (2 of 8) by Dan Hill
This content is part of a series.Unlocking Faiths’ Door (2 of 8)
Series: Faith: Where’s Yours?
Hebrews 11:1-2; 6
There is really only two choices when it comes to living life regardless of the conditions and circumstances we find ourselves living in: We are either going to live on the basis of human speculation, human wisdom, human ingenuity and human calculation OR we can live on the basis of divine revelation, divine wisdom, divine power, divine direction, and divine enablement. There really is only two choices when it comes to living life.
It is only fair that we analyze and compare the two possibilities. If you choose to live solely on the basis of human power, you need to know that it results in limitations that are natural, biological, and experiential. The results are:
1. Insecurity, because when all is said and done, you security can only be based on what you know through the limitations of your senses.
2. Inadequacy, because there is a natural limit as to what you can do, what you can provide, what you can support or produce.
3. Indecision, because there is a limit as to what we can know. What anyone knows about the future is limited and questionable at best.
4. Dissatisfaction; the limitations of our human nature and experience cause us to always long for and desire more than we can know and experience on this natural plain.
5. Discouragement; it is just discouraging and depressing to think that the only quality of life we can produce is what we can produce for ourselves and then when it is over, it is just over.
6. Fear; there is something inside each of us that just naturally fears the unknown, the unstable, and the sense that we have no sense of eternal purpose.
7. Ultimately, life lived on the basis of human power results in death. Not just physical death but spiritual death and separation from all that is good and loving for eternity.
On the other hand, life lived on the basis of faith results in…
1. Security. We have faith that God has built purpose i ...
There are 23245 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!