The Church that Made God Sick
Pastor Steve N. Wagers
Revelation 3: 14-22
March 7. 2010
1. The Reality He Sees in the Church!
A) Disgusted with their Condition
B) Disappointed with their Complacency
2. The Remorse He Shows for the Church!
A) They Failed to Worship Him
B) They Forgot to Welcome Him
3. The Remedy He Shares with the Church!
A) Renew their Spiritual Values
B) Renew their Spiritual Vision
D) Renew their Spiritual Vigor
I read an interesting piece the other day:
- If People ask when Jesus fed 5000, whether the two fish were bass or catfish, and what bait was used to catch 'em-your church might be a redneck church.
- If the pastor says, "I'd like to ask Bubba to help take up the offering," Then, five guys and two women stand up-your church might be a redneck church.
- If opening day of deer season is recognized as an official church holiday-your church might be a redneck church.
-If a member of the church requests to be buried in his 4-wheel-drive truck because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of"-your church might be a redneck church.
- If with a congregation of 500 members, there are only seven last names in the church directory-your church might be a redneck church.
- If baptism is referred to as "branding"-your church might be a redneck church.
- If people think "Rapture" is what you get when you lift something too heavy-your church might be a redneck church.
As you look at the 7 churches of Revelation you discover that some of the churches were Glad churches, others were Bad churches; and by the time Jesus finished talking, some were mad churches.
However, the church of Laodicea wasn't a glad or a bad church, or a mad church; it was a SAD church. It was a church that made God sick.
From an outward observation, it was a church that would be attended by many people today. They had everything money could buy. They had the finest of buildings, the flashiest of budget ...
There are 19722 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.