Reflections on the Mightiness of God
Two weeks ago you sent us out. Your prayers were so effectual on our behalf. Thank you for praying. This morning may I distill over 10,000 miles of travel, seven countries and countless experiences into one short idea? We experienced the Mightiness of God! These past 13 days were a time of first hand encounters of the Mighty God we serve. At our annual meeting we will give a full report of the:
• 29 specific individuals who gave us time to share the gospel. We witnessed incredible open hearts
• The 3 days in Belarus shared with the Merills
• Four days in Hungary with the Cranes
• Four days in Geneva with the Glasses
Some general observations:
1. There is a vibrant and growing church in europe.
2. People are responding to the gospel everywhere we traveled.
3. Usually the poorer and more afflicted the country, the more receptive the people.
4. We went to a place and met brothers and sisters you may never see on earth but we all will worship God together with them in heaven.
5. Life is hard especially in the old soviet union, but the Lord is giving grace to His servants
This morning we need to pause and reflect on the wonders of the Mighty God we worship. Then with full hearts, worship Him at His table.
I. WE NEED TO OPEN OUR HEARTS TO GOD'S GLORY
A. Two weeks ago today as we left for Europe one of the most vivid memories we had we - Three hours over Canada's Clouds. The airplane took the land route over most of eastern Canada to get to Sweden. And what a path it was displaying the Mightiness of God.
1. Psalm 8:1-4 To the Chief Musician. On the instrument of Gath. A Psalm of David. O LORD, our Lord, How excellent [is] Your name in all the earth, Who have set Your glory above the heavens! 2 Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants You have ordained strength, Because of Your enemies, That You may silence the enemy and the avenger. 3 When I consider Your heavens, the wor ...
There are 5842 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.