This content is part of a series.
Do You Know For Certain Jesus Lives In You (3 of 7)
Series: Know Ye Not
2 Corinthians 13:5
1. The Examination of One's Profession
a) The Motive of this Examination
b) The Method of this Examination
2. The Confirmation of One's Profession
a) A Profession That Is Approved
b) A Profession That Is Assured
3. The Repudiation of One's Profession
a) A Deceived Condition
b) A Dangerous Condition
1. There is nothing more important in this life than being saved. A person's eternal destiny depends on whether or not one is saved. There is a heaven and a hell and which one a person spends eternity in depends on whether or not one has been saved. Jesus said in John 3:36, "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."
2. Because so much depends on whether one is saved, it is likewise important that a person know they are saved. I love that old hymn I Know My Name Is There:
My name is in the book of Life,
Oh, bless the name of Jesus:
I rise above all doubt and strife,
And read my title clear.
I know, I know,
My name is there;
I know, I know,
My name is written there.
3. I am thankful I can personally say my name is there. I settled the issue on an Easter Sunday morning in 1972. When I think of the eternity that is before me, I am like a preacher I heard who said, "I'm so sure I'm saved I could swing out over hell on a rotten grapevine singing Victory in Jesus."
4. In the third "Know Ye Not" that I am looking at, Paul admonishes the Corinthian believers to be certain about their salvation. He tells them to make absolutely certain "that Jesus Christ is in you" (2 Cor. 13:5). In other words, he is asking if they know for certain that Jesus lives in them.
5. Let's look at this challenge to be certain about one's salvation by first thinking about.
1. THE EXAMINATION OF ONE'S PROFESSION
1. Paul says, "Examine yourselves, ...
There are 18392 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.