Finding Renewed Strength For God’s Great Work
Nehemiah 6:1-19, Romans 12:1-8
INTRO: God has a unique plan for every single child of God. He passionately desires for us to know His good, pleasing, and perfect will. Though that is His intention, it is not automatic that every child of God is going to live in that will and be found faithful. The enemy will do all he can to make sure we lose heart and strength in God’s service. We must find renewed strength and courage to stay faithful to God in spite of opposition, discouragement, or even Satanic sidetracks. Nehemiah moved forward and so can we.
ILLUS: YOU PAY A PRICE FOR GETTING STRONGER. YOU PAY A PRICE FOR GETTING FASTER. YOU PAY A PRICE FOR JUMPING HIGHER. YOU PAY A PRICE FOR STAYING JUST THE SAME. —H. Jackson Brown, A Hero in Every Heart (Nelson, 1996)
PROP. SENT: The Bible teaches us that renewed strength is found by pursuing godly wisdom and judgment as we do God’s will and stand against the continual attacks of the enemy. The wise believer will not give in to the tricky tactics of the enemy, but will stay true to the course God has laid out for him to follow.
I. STRENGTH FOR SPECIAL ASSIGNGMENTS
A. Dedication to God’s Plan Nehemiah 6:1
1. Looking at Nehemiah’s life and service is rewarding and faith inspiring because he is the classic picture of the underdog who overcomes!
2. Nehemiah was an exiled Jew whose job in life was serving as cupbearer to the Persian King, Artaxerses.
3. The odds of Nehemiah accomplishing God’s will seem stacked heavily against him.
4. The job seemed impossible and his enemies were extremely zealous in their attempts to pull him off course.
5. Nehemiah had received news that the walls of Jerusalem had not been rebuilt after his fellow Jews were taken into exile.
6. He knew that without strong walls, Jerusalem would be easy prey to attacks of their enemies and would be constantly defeated...so he asked God for favor and direction in be ...
There are 12914 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.