God's DNA Test
1 John 3:5-10
1. The Life a Real Christian Shares
a) A Life Provided by God
b) A Life Produced by God
2. The Life a Real Christian Shows
a) A Behavior That Reflects Our Father
b) A Behavior That Reveals Our Faith
3. The Life a Real Christian Seeks
a) A Consecrated Life
b) A Consistent Life
1. In recent years DNA tests have become an important part of our culture. DNA, simply defined, is material that governs each person's inheritance of eye color, hair color, stature, bone density along with many other human traits. The cells of the human body contain a complete sample of a person's DNA. A single string or strand of DNA is packed into a space roughly equal to a cube 1/millionth of inch on a side. Basically, every part of the human body is made of these cells and each contains a sample or complement of DNA identical to that of every other cell within a given person.
2. When I think of the complexity of DNA I think of David's words in Psalm 139:14, ''I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.'' Some would have you believe that the human being is the result of an evolutionary process. However, the marvel of the human body declares the presence of Intelligent Design. It is the work of a Creator rather than natural selection and evolution.
3. DNA has become a common element in proving the innocence or guilt of a person. Since DNA testing has become a common standard there have been 192 post-conviction DNA exonerations in the U.S. Fourteen of the exonerees were at one time sentenced to death or served time on death row.
4. DNA testing is also used to determine paternity. DNA testing is considered the most accurate technology to determine parentage. For example, in a DNA parentage test, the probability of parentage is 0% when the alleged parent is not biologically related to the child. The probability is typically gre ...
There are 20572 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.