Making Life Count
1. Unless the reincarnationists are right, you only go through this life one time. You only go around once. Everybody gets one shot to make life count and you are done.
2. There are two things that I want to make sure that I do with my life or else I am convinced my life will have been a complete waste. First of all, I want God to be pleased with my life. Secondly, I want to make sure that I made a difference, because I was here.
3. There is a lady talked about in the New Testament that I believe unlocks the secret on how to make life count and to make sure that your life counts. She teaches us a very simple lesson. Key take away: anyone can make life count by serving Jesus.
4. Almost a half century ago, president john f. Kennedy uttered one of the most famous lines in any presidential inaugural address when he asked this question:
''ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.''
I would like to paraphrase that this way to all of us in this room. How much time have we spent in our lives asking God to do something for us? Maybe we should say, ''ask not what your Lord can do for you; ask what you can do for your Lord.''
5. The lady that we are going to study about today is not even named in this passage of scripture though we know from the other gospel writers that her name was Mary. Because of her simple service to Jesus, he gave her an eternal honorary membership in God's hall of fame. You are going to learn today that what she gave to Jesus, you can give to Jesus. What she did for Jesus, you can do for Jesus. There were four characteristics in her life that causes us two-thousand years after she lived to still be talking about her today. If you can answer these four questions, in the affirmative, I guarantee you your life will count.
I. Am I waiting to serve Jesus?
1. ''while he was in Bethany at the home of Simon the leper, and reclining at the ...
There are 12293 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.