1. I don't know about you, but at one time I thought one of the least interesting parts of the human anatomy were feet. I don't mean to be offensive, but I have never seen feet that I thought were beautiful. Feet are functional, but I wouldn't call them beautiful. If you study feet, you will be amazed to discover how important they are to your very existence.
2. Our feet will carry us the equivalent of five times around the earth in an average lifespan. Yet, we barely pay attention to them. Did you know that if you were to lose just a little toe on one foot, you would have to learn to walk all over again?
3. Ask any doctor how important feet are. Doctors have known for thousands of years that feet are actually mirrors of our health. Many times, signs of diabetes, arthritis, circulatory or neurological diseases often appear first in your feet.
4. The foot consists of twenty-six bones, all of which are vital to balancing the body and giving the body the ability to walk. Have you ever thought about how one foot problem can literally stop you dead in your tracks? Corns, bunions, athlete's foot, gout, ingrown toenails, turf toe, heel spurs and stress fractures can literally put you in a wheelchair.
5. Can anyone guess, what is the number one cause of foot problems? The number one cause of foot problems is wearing shoes that don't fit properly.
6. The prophet Isaiah tells us something about God and feet. Believe it or not, God thinks that feet are beautiful. Here is the verse we are reading today.
"How lovely on the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who announces peace and brings good news of happiness, who announces salvation, and says to Zion, "your God reigns!"
(Isaiah 52:7, NASB)
God thinks feet are beautiful. Not primarily because of how they look, but because of where they can go. God says the feet of anyone who is willing to go anywhere and share with anybody the go ...
There are 11495 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.