This content is part of a series.
Biblical Creationism (4 of 40)
Series: Book You Can Trust
Remember the first words Jesus and the Apostles read at their mother's knees. For all Jewish children were taught to read starting with the Torah, the first five books of Moses. Why don't we read them together this morning!
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (NKJV)
What is the Culture Around Us Trying to Conform Us to?
Theistic evolution is an attempt to accommodate God's Word to man's ideas. The theistic evolutionist says that God's method of creation was evolution, that He didn't create the world in six literal days but took millions, perhaps billions, of years to accomplish the feat.
To suggest that God relied on chance and time to create the universe is not only insulting to God's power, it makes Him a liar by contradicting His inspired written account of creation. To satisfy the theistic evolutionist, the first few chapters of Genesis would have to be rewritten. Ruth Beechick(4) suggests the ridiculous results below.
1. In the beginning God created masses of interstellar gas and dust, and after billions of years there
were formed from these masses many solar systems and in one a planet, Earth.
2. Now this planet was without form and covered with waters.
3. And God said, Let the process of orogenesis work in the earth. After a sufficient time had elapsed the waters were gathered together and dry land appeared: and it was so.
4. And God called the dry land earth; and the gathering together of the waters called He seas: and God saw that it was good.
5. And God said, Let elements in the waters come together in chance formations. And a chain of highly improbable chances brought together a true protoplasm. God called the protoplasm life.
6. And God said to the living protoplasm, keep making more protoplasm and form into cells of different kinds, and ever better and more complex groupings so you can evolve into ma ...
There are 22424 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.