This content is part of a series.
Demon Intrusion: Why God Flooded the Earth (10 of 13)
Satan the Adversary has tried to mess up God's plan over and over. There are at least 7 times He tried to do so.
1. He tempted and led to sin Adam & Eve in Genesis 3. But God promised a seed. A deliverer who would redeem humanity.
2. He incited self-righteous Cain to kill faith-righteous Abel in Genesis 4.
3. In our text this morning Genesis 6, he tried to corrupt the entire race, and thus erase the promised seed.
4. When God singled out Israel and Moses as the deliverer he tried to get Moses out of the way by riches, then murder then pride, etc.
5. Satan then tried to get God to destroy Israel with the golden calf, Exodus 32-24.
6. He then tried to defile Israel with intermarriage with Midianite women in Numbers 25.
7. Finally he tried to murder Christ in Nazareth, then Jerusalem and finally through Judas.
You see the Lord has planned to pour out His wrath against sin two times on earth. First at the Flood secondly at the Tribulation. Both are fantastic pictures of His Grace. In the flood times God sent Enoch a preaching prophet who told the world;
Jude 14-15 Now Enoch, the 7th from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, "Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, 15 "to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him." (NKJV)
Noah presents an interesting picture of Christ in His work of redemption. Noah's name means "rest" (see Genesis 5:29 He named him Noah and said, "He will comfort us in the labor and painful toil of our hands caused by the ground the LORD has cursed." (NIV), and Christ brings us rest Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you w ...
There are 13838 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.