Three Keys to Spiritual Maturity (26 of 38) by John Barnett
This content is part of a series.Three Keys to Spiritual Maturity (26 of 38)
Everyday we train our selves to be either: lying or truthful; selfish or giving; angry or forgiving; impure or pure; irritable or patient; greedy or generous; proud or humble; materialistic or simplistic. What are you becoming today? Dawson Trottman founder of the Navigators once said, "You are going to be what you are right now becoming!"
Maturing saints grow with a disciplined life. James 1:19-21
• UNDERSTAND BEFORE YOU SPEAK (v. 19)
• SEEK GOD'S PLAN ABOVE YOUR OWN (v. 20)
• PROTECT THE HEALTH OF YOUR SOUL (v. 21)
Maturing saints grow with a teachable spirit. James 1:22-25
• COMMIT TO LIVING OUT YOUR FAITH (v. 22)
• AVOID HYPOCRISY IN YOUR LIFE (v. 23)
• END ANY CASUAL APPROACH TO YOUR DEVOTIONS (v. 24)
• BECOME A BLESSED DOER (v. 25)
Maturing saints grow with a witnessing life. James 1:26-27
• MAINTAIN AN UNOFFENDING TONGUE (v. 26)
• CULTIVATE AN UNHARDENED HEART (v. 27a)
• PRESERVE AN UNSOILED LIFE (v. 27b)
o Harnessed Talking
o Humble Serving
o Holy Living
Maturing saints have a disciplined life. James 1:19-21
• UNDERSTAND BEFORE YOU SPEAK (v. 19) "So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear (eagerly sitting at Christ's feet), slow to speak, slow to wrath."
• SEEK GOD'S PLAN ABOVE YOUR OWN (v. 20) "For the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God."
• PROTECT THE HEALTH OF YOUR SOUL (v. 21) "Therefore lay aside (lit. 'strip off') all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word (taking root and bearing fruit), which is able to save your souls (not from damnation but damage of sins)"
o Ephesians 4:22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts.
o Colossians 3:8 But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth.
o Hebrews 12:1Therefore we also, since we ...
There are 7929 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!