This content is part of a series.
A Lion in the Vineyard (7 of 17)
Series: Samson: A Life of Strength and Weakness
1. THE PLACE THAT SAMSON WAS FOUND
a) A Place of Disobedience
b) A Place of Defilement
2. THE PERIL THAT SAMSON WAS FACING
a) The Lion That Bring Us Down
b) The Lion That Bring Us Back
3. THE POWER THAT SAMSON WAS FILLED
a) The Source of His Power
b) The Force of His Power
1. In our last study we saw how Samson was beginning a downward path in his life. Three times in Judges 14 we read that Samson went down. In verse 1 we read, "And Samson went down." In our text verse, verse 5, we read, "Then went Samson down." The third time is found in verse 7 where we read, "And he went down."
2. This was more than a case of Samson going down geographically. It was a case of Samson beginning to go down spiritually. Just as a word of reminder, in our last study we saw that one always goes down spiritually when there is deviation from the will of God, disobedience to the Word of God, and distraction in the work of God. Going downward always means that we are going backward in our Christian life.
3. When we talk about going downward in our Christian life, contrary to what we may think, it is not always the young Christian who is the victim. It usually happens to those who have been saved for a period of time and who have demonstrated some measure of spiritual growth and advancement in their life. You can't go downward unless you have first gone upward.
4. Joe Aldrich in Leadership stated, "It's scary to realize that most of the people who failed in Scriptures failed in the second half of their lives." Now, you think about that statement for a moment. The beginning for many is a time of growth and maturity that is marked by excitement and zeal. Oftentimes, it is the new convert that is on fire for the Lord. But over time, it seems that the older we get in the Lord the colder we get.
5. I once read about a man who taking a tour of a mach ...
There are 18236 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.