This content is part of a series.
Jehovah-Shaddai: The All Sufficient and All Powerful One (5 of 10)
Series: The "Names of God"
Exodus 6:2-3; 13:17-14:31; Daniel 6:1-28; James 1:13-15, 4:13-17
INTRO: The claims for being powerful are many today:
* Excedrin claims that it has extra strength! (So do others!)
* Comet cleanser is the "powerful one!"
* Cheer has more whitening power than all other brands.
* America is the most powerful nation in the world.
* Superman is more powerful than a locomotive.
* Hefty is stronger than the 1 or 2 ply garbage bags.
* Pollident is more powerful than coffee stains or blueberries.
* Nations are scrambling to become "nuclear powers" so they can be thought of as "all powerful" and feared.
YET: No matter how or what claims to be "all powerful," the best they can claim is to be only "more powerful!" They still all fall short of God's "all powerful" status!
PROP. SENT: The scripture tells us that God and God alone is the "almighty one," the "all powerful" over all things, in Him we are victorious and strong!
I. POWER OVER PROBLEMS Ex. 6:2-3 James 1:13-15
A. Problem of Sin Rom. 3:23; John 3:16
1. Romans 3:23 "all have sinned."
2. This is man's greatest problem!
a. Problem of food or energy is only temporary.
b. Eternal vs. temporal problems.
c. Food, energy, etc. affect only the now; sin affects eternity as well as the now!
3. If sin was conquered we could also conquer the other problems that are temporal!
4. When the sin issue is dealt with in our heart through God's power many of the things that once held us in bondage can finally change because God's power is at work in us and through us.
ILLUS: Rochester, New York, was dramatically transformed by [Charles Finney's] work there in 1830-31 in what has been called the greatest year of spiritual awakening in American history. Shops were closed so people could attend his meetings, and as a result of the changed hearts, the town taverns went out of business. Fi ...
There are 10771 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.