This content is part of a series.
Go Ye: The Mandate of the Gospel (3 of 3)
Series: Making a Difference in Missions
1. THE WORD OF GOD THAT DEMANDS OUR GOING
a) The ''What'' of the Command
b) The ''Who'' of the Command
2. THE WORK OF GOD THAT DEFINES OUR GOING
a) A Spiritual Work
b) A Serious Work
3. THE WILL OF GOD THAT DETERMINES OUR GOING
a) Some Go Substitutionally
b) Some Go Personally
1. I have shared with you over the past couple of weeks the words of missionary Henry Martyn. I want to share them with you one more time: ''The Spirit of Christ is the spirit of missions, and the nearer we get to him, the more intensely missionary we must become.''
2. Those words are convicting words to me because they challenge the reality of my relationship with the Lord. They challenge my involvement in missions because my interest in missions is a reflection of how close to Jesus I really am. The intensity of my interest in missions is a measuring stick of where I am spiritually.
3. Do you care about missions? Do you have a great interest world evangelization? Those are questions each of you should carefully and honestly ask because how you answer them says volumes about the depth of your relationship with the Lord.
4. It is easy for us to sit here Sunday after Sunday totally detached from the great task of the world hearing the Gospel. However, I want you to see today that mission's is a mandate that involves each of us that knows the Lord Jesus as a personal Savior.
5. We have been looking at Mark's account of what is called the Great Commission. We began by looking at the words ''all the world'' and we thought about the motive of missions. We then looked at the words ''preach the gospel'' and we thought about the message of missions. Today I want us to turn our focus on the words, ''Go ye,'' and think about the mandate of missions.
6. Let's look at the words, ''Go ye,'' and the mandate it gives by first thinking about.
1. THE WORD OF G ...
There are 14827 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.