Filling in Ranks
1 Corinthians 15:29
1. THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD
a) The Guarantee of Believer's Resurrection
b) The Glory of the Believer's Resurrection
2. THE REMEMBRANCE OF THE DEAD
a) Those That Have Died in the Lord
b) Those That Have Died for the Lord
3. THE REPLACEMENT OF THE DEAD
a) The Challenge That Is Presented
b) The Consecration That Is Provoked
1. Memorial Day is much more than a three-day weekend. Those that are of an older generation appreciate the significance and meaning of Memorial Day. Tragically, many of our younger generation have no appreciation or understanding of Memorial Day. To many it is nothing more than a federal holiday that gives them a long weekend in May.
2. Memorial Day is the day when we remember those who have died in military service to our country. It was originally called Decoration Day because it was the tradition to decorate the graves of those who died in the Civil War. After WWI it was expanded to include those who had died in any war or military action. It is always observed on the final Monday of May.
3. It matters not to me how you feel about war, any war for that matter, Every American owes a great debt to every man and woman that died while serving this country. There are privileges we enjoy each day that were preserved or gained by those who paid the ultimate price for our country.
4. I don't listen to Country and Western but there is a song by Toby Keith that I have heard a couple of times that greatly moved me. It is entitled American Soldier. The song tells of a soldier that is called to duty and he says:
And I will always do my duty no matter what the price
I've counted up the cost, I know the sacrifice
Oh and I don't want to die for you, but if dyin's asked of me
I'll bear the cross with honor, cause freedom isn't free.
5. Let me emphasize the words ''freedom isn't free.'' Every freedom we enjoy as American's was purchased and has been preserved by ...
There are 23228 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.