How to Shake Things Up at the Church
1. THE EXAMPLE OF A PRAYING CHURCH
a) They Were Serving God
b) They Were Seeking God
2. THE EFFECT OF A PRAYING CHURCH
a) Powerful Expressions of God's Power
b) Personal Experiences of God's Power
c) Public Evangelism of God's People
3. THE ESSENCE OF A PRAYING CHURCH
a) Prayer Was an Important Part of the Church
b) Prayer Was an Indispensable Program of the Church
1. Thom Rainer spent two years gathering data and research, doing a study of 576 of the most evangelistic churches in America. After consolidating and tabulating the large amount of data he received, he interviewed the leaders in more than 100 of those Churches. The result was his book entitled Effective Evangelistic Churches. Rainer found that the types of methodologies are as numerous as the Churches themselves. But he found that there were the ''big three'' methodologies in these evangelistic Churches. The three most important factors he found and the order in which he found them in importance are:
1: The Preaching of the Word of God
2: Prayer and Prayer Ministries
3: Sunday School
2. I found his findings very interesting. In this day of the market-driven and seeker-friendly Church, it is the time-honored principles of the Word of God that are the keys to effective evangelism. Today, I want us to look at the second in the ''Big Three.'' I want to talk to you about a praying Church.
3. David Jeremiah writes in his book on prayer: ''Prayer does not come naturally to any of us. In our more honest moments, we all admit it's a struggle to pray as we'd like. And yet there is no avoiding the fact that the Scripture insists God has hard-wired the universe in such a way that He works primarily through prayer.''
4. John Wesley was absolutely correct when he said, ''God does nothing but by prayer and everything by it.'' Prayer is essential to an effective evangelistic Church. Actually, prayer is e ...
There are 12724 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.