God's Bits and Bridles
1. THE REALITY OF A SUPERIOR WILL
a) Finding the Will of God is to be the Priority of Our Life
b) Following the Will of God is to be the Pursuit of Our Life
2. THE REBELLION OF A SELFISH WILL
a) Man Missing the Will of God
b) God Mastering the Will of Man
3. THE REWARDS OF A SUBMISSIVE WILL
a) The Will of God Gives Life Purpose
b) The Will of God Gives Life Productivity
1. Someone has written: "Some church members are as stubborn as a Missouri mule about doing church work, but sly as a fox in their own business deals; as busy as a bee in spreading the latest gossip, but as quiet as a mouse in spreading the Gospel of Christ. Many are as blind as a bat to see the needs of others but have eyes of a hawk to see the faults of a few. Some are as eager as a beaver about a barbecue, but lazy as a dog about the prayer meetings. Some will roar like a lion when things do not go just to suit them, but they are as gentle as a lamb when they need the preacher of the church. Some are as noisy as a blue jay when calling on the church for advice, but as timid as a kitten about talking to the lost and slow as a snail about visiting absentees and shut-ins. Many are night owls on Saturday night, but bed bugs on Sunday morning; slippery as eels on Sunday evenings and as scarce as hen's teeth on Wednesday nights."
2. I think we would all agree that believers act like everything from foxes to bed bugs. As you read the Bible you will find that God often compares certain characteristics and behaviors of animals to Christians. In our text, the Psalmist speaks of believers acting like horses and mules.
3) You have heard someone speak of another as being "stubborn as a mule." The Psalmist is speaking of God's will in our life and when it comes to doing God's will, many believers are like unbroken horses and stubborn mules. Let's look as this fascinating verse of Scripture by first thinking about:
1. THE REALITY ...
There are 17742 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.