God's Three Categories of People
1 Corinthians 2:14-3:4
1. NATURAL PEOPLE
a) Bound to Earthly Things
b) Blind to Eternal Things
2. CARNAL PEOPLE
a) Remain as Spiritual Babies
b) React as Spiritual Babies
3. SPIRITUAL PEOPLE
a) A Discerning Person
b) A Different Person
1. It is not unusual for people to be put into categories. For example, we are familiar with the terms baby-boomers (a person born in the U.S. between 1946 and 1964) and baby-busters (those born in the years following the baby-boomers). More recently, we have heard the terms Generation X, Y, C, and Z. People are often categorized by association, gender, race, and religion; as well as by names and nationalities.
2. We sometimes use such terms as African Americans, Native Americans, and Mexican Americans. I read an article the other day about how in the spirit of political correctness that has pervaded our generation, Kentuckians, East Tennesseans, Western North Carolinians and West Virginians are no longer called hillbillies but Appalachian Americans.
3. It may surprise you, but God actually puts people into categories. The question that I want to ask is how does God categorize people? In 1 Corinthians we find that God actually puts people into categories. As we look at our text we will find that the Bible tells us that there are three categories into which God puts people.
4. In our text we find these three categories. In 1 Corinthians 2:14 the Bible speaks of the "natural man." In 1 Corinthians 2:15 the Bible refers to one who is "spiritual." Then in 1 Corinthians 3:1 the Bible speaks of those that are "carnal." Every person in this place today is in one of these three categories. When God looks at each of us in this place, He sees us as either as a natural, carnal, or spiritual person. God puts all of us are in one of these categories.
5. Now, which category does God place you in? Let's look at these three types of people and try to answer that que ...
There are 20331 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.