God Only Does Wondrous Things
1. WHAT GOD DESERVES
a) An Attitude of Adoration
b) An Act of Adoration
2. WHAT GOD DECLARES
a) The Permanent God
b) The Powerful God
c) The Personal God
3. WHAT GOD DOES
a) The Awesomeness of What He Does
b) The Assurance of What He Does
1. A Sunday school teacher asked her class the question, "Boys and girls, what do we know about God?" A hand shot up in the air. "He is an artist!" said the kindergarten boy. "Really? How do you know that?" the teacher asked. He replied, "You know, it says in the Bible – Our Father, who does art in Heaven... "
2. If I were to ask you the same question, what do we know about God, how would you answer. What do we know about God? Charles Spurgeon was right when he said, "As well might a gnat seek to drink in the ocean, as a finite creature to comprehend the Eternal God." To fully know God is beyond our comprehension. We can learn for a lifetime and never know all there is to know about God. Yet, there are many things we do know about Him.
3. First, let me say that we know He exists. The opening words of the Bible state: "In the beginning God." The Bible begins with the declaration of God's existence. Carrie Esther Hammill wrote:
Drop to your knees beside the wide road,
And pick up a stone to turn in your hand.
Now make one like it-seed of the earth-
Then if you succeed, tell me there's no God.
Take clay and dust, and fashion a child
With wistful brown eyes and breath in its lungs;
Make flesh-warm lips, a brain, and red blood-
Then, if you succeed, tell me there's no God.
4. We know that there is a God. He exists! He is! The Bible says in Psalm 14:1 and Psalm 53:1, "The fool hath said in his heart there is no God."
5. Furthermore, we know that God loves us. 1 John 4:16 says, "God is love." The proof of His love is seen in the giving of His Son--Jesus Christ--on Calvary's cross. The Bible says in the beloved and familiar John ...
There are 21996 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.