Getting Ready to Leave This World
II Peter 3:10-14
1. LOOKING FOR THE LORD'S RETURN
a) Watching with Expectation
b) Watching with Anticipation
2. LONGING FOR THE LORD'S RETURN
a) Longing for the Lord's Return Passionately
b) Longing for the Lord's Return Prayerfully
3. LIVING FOR THE LORD'S RETURN
a) Do Your Best for Jesus
b) Be Your Best for Jesus
1) A March 2007 ABC News article told about a 62-year ex-felon by the name of Jose de Jesus who says he is the second coming of Jesus. He lives outside Houston, smokes, likes Scotch, and claims to have as many as 1 million followers in 30 countries. When asked by ABC News to explain his identity, he replied, "Jesus Christ, man, the second manifestation, the Second Coming of Christ."
2) I can assure you of two things. First, Jose de Jesus is not Jesus Christ or the second of Jesus. Secondly, the real Jesus will one day come! Today, I want us to think about the return off the Lord Jesus.
3) In our text we have some great truths about the Lord's return and certain events associated with His return. Peter describes two classes of people as he thinks about the Lord's return.
4) First, he speaks of those who declare a doubtful attitude about the Lord's return. We read in verses 3-4, "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. "
5) Peter speaks of those who are skeptical of the nearness of the Lord's return. They say, "We have preachers say for years that the Lord is coming. But things go on as before." They are expressing doubt in the Lord's return.
6) The second group displays a diligent attitude about the Lord's return. It is this group that I want us to think about today. These are those who believe the Lord is returning and that belief is reflected in their life. W ...
There are 19627 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.