Great Church Members Are Passionate Church Members (9 of 10) by Ken Trivette
This content is part of a series.Great Church Members Are Passionate Church Members (9 of 10)
Series: Great Church Members Make Great Churches
1. THE PURPOSE THAT DEFINES WHAT WE DO
a) Finding God's Purpose for Our Life
b) Following God's Purpose for Our Life
2. THE PASSION THAT DESCRIBES WHAT WE DO
a) God's Work Deserves Our Best
b) God's Work Demands Our Best
3. THE PERIOD THAT DETERMINES WHAT WE DO
a) The Opportunity That Exists
b) The Opportunity That Ends
1. A professor, before handing out the final exam, stood before his class of organic biology students. He said to the students, "First, I want to say that it's been a pleasure teaching you this semester. I know you all have worked extremely hard and many of you are off to medical school at the end of the summer. I know you are excited that the semester is over. So that no one gets their GPA messed up because you might have been celebrating a bit too much this week, anyone who would like to opt out of the final exam will receive a "B" for the class." Many of the students clapped their hands and cheered and took the professor up on his offer. Those who took his offer, he dismissed from class. He looked at the handful that was left and said, "Anyone else? This is your last chance." A couple of more took him up on his offer. They were dismissed from class. He looked at the few that were left and said, "I'm glad to see that you believe in yourself. You all have "A's."
2. All too often we settle for "B's" when we could have "A's." We often settle for the good rather than the best. As a Church or as a Christian, we should settle for nothing less than the best. God wants us to enjoy and experience the best. Now, if we are to have the best, there is a simple requirement. To have the best, we must give our best.
3. Abraham Lincoln said, "Whatever you are, be a good one." He also said, "I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep on doing so till the end." Helen K ...
There are 14519 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!