Great Church Members Are Serving Church Members (5 of 10) by Ken Trivette
This content is part of a series.Great Church Members Are Serving Church Members (5 of 10)
Series: Great Church Members Make Great Churches
I Thessalonians 1:6-10
1. BEHIND OUR SERVICE IS A REDEEMED LIFE
a) A New Life
b) A New Lord
2. BEFORE OUR SERVICE IS A RULED LIFE
a) The Obedience of a Slave
b) The Reverence of a Slave
3. BEYOND OUR SERVICE IS A REVIEWED LIFE
a) The Lord's Return for Us
b) The Lord's Review of Us
1. The first chapter in Thom Rainer's book Breakout Churches is entitled "Why Good Is Not Enough: The Chrysalis Factor." He begins the chapter by saying, "It is a sin to be good if God has called us to be great. Christians refer to Matthew 28:18-20 as the Great Commission, not the Good Commission. Jesus Himself said that the word we read in Matthew 22:37 and 39 are Great Commandments, not the Good Commandments. And the Apostle Paul did not call love something that is good; he said "the greatest of these is love (1 Cor. 13:13)."
2. Good should never be enough or the standard of a Church. No Church should settle for anything less than greatness. God said to Abraham in Genesis 12:2, "And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing." God's plan and design for Abraham was not to make him a good nation, but rather a great nation. It was not to make a good name for Abraham, but a great name.
3. What God desired for Abraham, I believe He desires for you, me, and our Church. Did He not say in Jeremiah 33:3, "Call unto me and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." It is for this reason we are spending a few weeks thinking about great Churches and great Church members. As I have repeatedly said for the past few weeks, great Church members make great Churches. My thesis has been that our Church will never be anymore than what we are as members.
4. What makes great Church members? I began by saying that great Church members are worshi ...
There are 19224 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!