This content is part of a series.
Great Church Members Are Growing Church Members (3 of 10)
Series: Great Church Members Make Great Churches
1 Peter 2:1-2, 2 Peter 3:18
1. A LIFE THAT IS GIVEN BY CHRIST
a) A Life that Grace Offers
b) A Life that Faith Obtains
2. A LIFE THAT IS GROWING IN CHRIST
a) The Means of Our Spiritual Growth
b) The Manner of Our Spiritual Growth
c) The Motive of Our Spiritual Growth
3. A LIFE THAT IS GODLY FOR CHRIST
a) The Absence of Sinful Things
b) The Presence of Spiritual Things
1. Let me begin by asking you a question? Rather, I want you to ask yourself a question. What kind of Church would my Church be if every member were just like me? Would my Church be a great Church or would it be something besides great? The reality is that our Church is what we are as members. No Church will ever be anything more than what its members are.
2. Someone has described the Tate family who often belong to our churches? There is old man Dic Tate who wants to run everything, while Uncle Ro Tate tries to change everything. Their sister Agi Tate stirs up plenty of trouble, with help from her husband, Irri Tate. Whenever new projects are suggested, Hesi Tate wants to wait until next year. Then there is Aunt Imi Tate, who wants our church to be like all the others. Devas Tate provides the voice of doom, while Poten Tate wants to be a big shot.
3. Most Churches have some of the Tate family who are members. Maybe you are one of the Tate's? I hope not because the Tate family is not the kind of members that produce great Churches.
4. What kind of members makes great Churches? That is the question we are seeking to answer. Last week we saw that great Church members are worshipping Church members. Today I want us to see that great Church members are growing Church members.
5. Oftentimes Churches are more interested in numerical growth than they are spiritual growth. Oftentimes, what is essential for real spiritual growth is sacrifi ...
There are 21720 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.