Everything I Needed To Know I Learned from A Teddy Bear
Romans 12: 3-13
"Teddy bears are all the rage. The best play thing ever invented." That was what the 1908 Sears, Roebuck catalogue said. Little has changed in one hundred years. Today I want to tell you a little bear history, show off a few bear models, and consider a few bear lessons. But let's start with a few bear riddles. I hope you can bear the Top Ten Teddy Riddles:
10. What's brown, furry and red? A blushing teddy bear.
9. What do you do with a green teddy bear? Wait until he's ripe.
8. What animal do you look like when you get into the bath? A little bear!
7. What do Alexander the Great and Winnie the Pooh have in common? They both have 'the' as their middle names!
6. What do teddy bears do when it rains? They get wet.
5. What do you call a teddy bear that's lost his fur? Fred-bear.
4. How do you make a teddy bear? Take off his clothes.
3. How do teddy bears dress on very cold days? Just like you do—quickly!
2. What do you get if you cross a teddy bear and a harp? A bear faced lyre!
And the Number 1 Teddy Bear Riddle: What's the difference between a teddy and a turkey?
If you don't know that, then I certainly won't ask you to cook Thanksgiving dinner.
The Teddy Bear Story: Today Teddy Bear's are every where. They come in every size and shape imaginable. Some are expensive. At auction a highly collectable bear has been known to sell in the six figures (that's $100,000 plus). Teddy Bear museums can be found around the world. Just about everybody has at least one cuddly teddy. Do you? I'm so sorry?
Who actually made the first Teddy Bear is a bit uncertain. Probably somebody along the line made a stuffed toy or a play animal shaped like a bear. That's probably been going on for centuries. But the true Teddy Bear, named and styled as we know it, originated at the turn of the 20th Century. In fact, this is the one-hundred ...
There are 14676 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.