This content is part of a series.
What's Wrong With Worry? (17 of 23)
The Greatest Sermon Ever Preached
1. THE FOOLISHNESS OF OUR WORRY
A) The Fowls That Fly Above Us
B) The Flowers That Grow Around Us
2. THE FRUITLESSNESS OF OUR WORRY
A) Worry Does Not Lengthen Life
B) Worry Does Not Strengthen Life
3. THE FAITHLESSNESS OF OUR WORRY
A) Our Father Sees Our Needs
B) Our Father Supplies Our Needs
1) Do you ever worry? Some people are by nature worriers. I heard about one woman who worried so much the hair fell out of her wig. That would be what you call a worry wart.
2) I read about the wife of a Federal District Court Judge, who at a clearance sale found the perfect green tie to match one of her husband's sport coats. A little later, the couple was relaxing at a resort to get his mind off a complicated cocaine conspiracy case. He noticed a small round disc sewn into his tie. He thought it was suspicious and called the local FBI, who was equally suspicious that it might be a bug planted by the conspiracy defendants. The agent sent the device to FBI headquarters in Washington, DC, for analysis. A few days later the judge phoned Washington to find the results of the tests. He was told, "We are not sure where the disc came from, but we discovered that when you press it, it plays Jingle Bells."
3) So often we worry about things we do not need to worry about. Mark Twain said, "I am an old man and have known many troubles, but most of them never happened." It has been found that our worry consists of:
? 40% consists of things that will never happen
? 30% consists of things about the past that can't be changed
? 12% is about criticism by others, mostly untrue
? 10% about health, which gets worse with stress
? 8% about real problems that will be faced
4) William G. Channon said: "Worry is entirely unscriptural. As Christians we have taken the precepts of the Scripture for our standard of living. We look upon the Bible as our final co ...
There are 17052 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.