This content is part of a series.
Jesus Calls The Twelve (1 of 15)
TWELVE WHO CHANGED THE WORLD
I. THE COMPASSION OF THE SAVIOUR
Matthew 9:35-36 (NIV) -- Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.
A. The Saviour's compassion caused Him to weep -- "when he saw the crowds." (vs. 36)
B. The Saviour's compassion caused Him to work -- "he had compassion on them." (vs. 36)
1. The word "compassion" describes the deepest level of a person's feelings.
2. Jesus was moved with compassion -- meaning that His heart was stirred at the deepest level.
C. The Saviour's compassion caused Him to witness. (vs. 35)
1. He was teaching in their synagogues.
2. He was preaching the gospel of the kingdom.
3. He was healing every sickness and disease.
II. THE CONDITION OF THE SINNER
Matthew 9:36 ...because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.
A. Sheep without a shepherd have no direction.
B. Sheep without a shepherd have no defense.
III. THE COMMISSION OF THE SAINT
Matthew 9:37-38 and Matthew 10:1 (NIV) -- Then He said to His disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to cure every kind of disease and sickness.
A. The Lord of the harvest -- (vs. 37)
B. The Largeness of the harvest -- (vs. 37)
C. The Laborers of the harvest -- (vs. 38)
1. The Prayer of the harvesters -- "ask the Lord of the harvest" (vs. 38)
2. The Position of the harvesters -- "workers" -- (vs. 38)
3. The Power of the harvesters -- (vs. 38)
IV. THE CALLING OF THE SERVANTS
Matthew 10:2-4 ...
There are 5157 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.