Your Place in the World (4 of 5) by Chuck McAlister
This content is part of a series.Your Place in the World (4 of 5)
Series: A CHRISTIAN WORLDVIEW
Dr. Chuck McAlister
Daniel 1, 3, and 6
Series .... A CHRISTIAN WORLDVIEW....
(A) We all have a worldview .... whether we realize it or not.
1- Your worldview is how you view the world around you and how you apply that view to your life.... your thoughts .... your actions.
* Your worldview affects how you think ... what you do ... even how you vote.
2- It gives you your focus on the world.
3- If it is the correct worldview, it helps you see things as they really are.
4- There are many worldviews out there today that make claims about the truth.
5- You and I are faced with the challenge of sorting through those conflicting worldviews to arrive at what is real .... and right.
6- And only one can be right.
* We are examining the components that make up a worldview ....GOD'S PLACE IN THE WORLD .... The first component in any worldview.
a- Every worldview begins with faith .... Some, by faith, believe that God does exist ... Others, by faith, believe that God doesn't exist.
b- They can no more prove God's nonexistence .... than I can prove God's existence.
c- However, I do have the evidence of creation .... There must be a Creator behind all this .... or you must believe that Nothing + Nobody = Something.
* That's hard for me to accept .... It's easier to accept the Christian worldview.
* The Christian worldview accepts, by faith, that God exists and that He created the world around us.
* That brings us to the 2nd component of any worldview:
..... MAN'S PLACE IN THE WORLD .... the second component in any worldview.
a- If we accept, as the foundation of our worldview that God exists and that He created the world .... then it must follow that He created man.
b- Since man is created in the image of God .... that gives every person value .... the unborn, the born, the elderly, the handicapped.
There are 21804 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!