Refuse To Lose At Home
June 18, 2006
INTRODUCTION: As on Mother’s Day: mention those who have lost fathers this year and are experiencing their first Father’s Day without him, and just as painful as it is for those women who have not been able to bare children, it is painful for men who have not been able to father a child of their own. But we do thank the Lord for those who have chosen to adopt children who are without parents, and for those of you who have "chosen to spiritually father" children who are with their mothers but are without earthly fathers.
1. Love the wife of your children…have eyes for her and only her…and let the children see and know that it is true. (Guard against pornography) Song: "I’ve Got The Hungries for Your Love and I’m Waiting in Your Welfare Line," or "Let Me Love the Leavin’ From Your Mind."
2. Spend "extra" time away with the children’s mother without them to nurture your relationship with a busy mom and teach the children that the mother/father relationship is special. This also teaches the children and parents that they "can" make it without each other for a short while. Song: "If You Can’t Live Without Me, Why Aren’t You Dead Yet?" or "Her Teeth Were Stained but Her Heart Was Pure."
3. Spend time with each child individually on a regular basis. Song: "Let’s Do Something Cheap and Superficial"
4. Be grateful for each and every child that the Lord gives you, recognizing their individuality and uniqueness. Song: "You’re the Reason Our Kids Are Ugly"
Example: Deanna like Janet – Hollie like me. Hollie laughs at my clothes, but Deanna rebukes me
5. Pray regularly with and for your children. Song: "Mama Get the Hammer (There’s a Fly on Papa’s Head)"
6. Put your family before your work and take time to enjoy their hobbies and interests with them when they are young and when they are grown. Be careful how much work you take home with you and take calls from family members ...
There are 5034 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.