How to Keep from Being Your Own Worst Enemy (21 of 28) by Chuck McAlister
This content is part of a series.How to Keep from Being Your Own Worst Enemy (21 of 28)
Series: Success: What Is It and How Can I Have It (Joshua)
Dr. Chuck McAlister
Joshua 16 and 17
(A) There are 3 persons in your seat (why it is so crowded):
1- The person you are now - at this moment!
2- The person you could be for evil -
a- There is no sin that you are not capable of committing if you take your eyes off Jesus - even though you’re a Christian.
b- The Bible says - Jeremiah 17:9 ‘‘The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?’’
c- If you cease to abide in Jesus - even tough you’re born again - you’d be amazed at the potential for evil that lurks in your own heart.
d- That person who is capable of all that evil is seated in your seat.
3- The person you could be for God -
a- The love you could show .... the things you could achieve for Jesus!
b- You have not even imagined what you could do for God!
c- Or how good life could be - you could be getting the very best out of life.
- I want to talk to that third person - the person you could be for God!
- Reaching your potential .... living up to your capacity and beyond!
- Being all that God wants you to be - all you can be.
(B) Two tribes .... Manasseh and Ephraim (tribes) .... descendants of Joseph’s sons were given their inheritance!
- Chapter 16 and 17 dedicated to the description of their inheritance.
- But they failed to reach their potential.
- Missed getting the best out of life.
- It wasn’t stolen from them - they gave it up.
- They were their own worst enemy!
- Draw from their example .... see how we can keep from being our own worst enemy.
- And how we can get the very best out of life!
I. CONSIDER YOUR POTENTIAL Vs. 12-13
(A) They became their own worst enemy and missed God’s best for them .... because they didn’t consider the potential of all that God had given them.
1- Vs. 12-13 .... Couldn’t achieve their potential because they were keeping company with Cana ...
There are 17198 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!