This content is part of a series.
The Principles of Prevailing Prayer (22 of 23)
Series: A FAITH THAT WORKS (James)
Dr. Chuck McAlister
(A) Series .... A FAITH THAT WORKS !
1- James ... The 1st Book written in the New Testament... The Manual on Maturity!
2- It is all about how to grow up as a Christian.
3- James shows us THE MARKS OF CHRISTIAN MATURITY:
a- Chapter 1 ....The 1st Mark is: Your Perseverance!
b- Chapter 2 .... The 2nd Mark is: Your Practice!
c- Chapter 3 .... The 3rd Mark is: Your Power!
d- Chapter 4 .... The 4th Mark is: Your Peace!
e- Chapter 5 .... The 5th Mark is: Your Purpose!
.... James told us that the greatest challenge a mature believer will face as they fulfill their purpose will be the stuff (the possessions ) of this world! (5: 1- 6)
.... James tells us that we will have to go through periods of waiting to fulfill our purpose .... and he shows us how to do that. (5: 7-12)
.... James has shown us that the maturity involves the total person: Body, Soul, and Spirit! (5: 13-16a)
* He also showed us hat prayer is the common thread that ties together our emotional .... physical .... and spiritual well being.
* Now he teaches us how to pray!
-- Little boy .... seated with Father in church -- at front --- cutting up .... under the pew, waving at people .... talking out loud .... .... distracting!
* Old enough to know better!
* Father .... correct him .... sit him down .... nothing seemed to work .... "I'm going to take you out and spank you if you don't settle down." Quiet for moment -- Back at it.
* Exasperated .... Father -- grabbed up boy .... walking down the aisle .... Leaving -- half way out -- Little boy shouted, "You folks pray for me."
(B) That is the very approach many take to prayer .... something used to get out of a bad situation .... something to which we resort when all else fails.
1- I cannot overestimate nor can I overstate the importance of cons ...
There are 17672 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.